Make it easy. Remove the hassle from paying bills.
Manage and pay all your bills in one secure place, from any device.
- Easily add bills to pay
- View what’s due and when; Monitor account balances
- No need to make payments at separate biller websites
- Send payments to any business or anyone in the U.S. from online banking or our mobile app
- Get up-to-date bill balances and bill statements from billers via eBills
- Make payments quickly, on the date you specify, and many at the last minute
- Easily add bills to pay following on-screen prompts with eBills; or snap a picture of a bill using our mobile app
- Schedule one-time or recurring bill payments
- Set up reminders when an eBill is due
- Access bill pay using one, secure digital banking login; No separate bill pay login required
- Ease with eBills—No need to remember multiple logins to biller websites.
- Get confirmation from your eBillers when payment is made.
Don't have access? Enroll In Online Banking
Want to pay from your phone? Download the app today!
How to Pay Your Bills from our Mobile App
1. Sign In
Sign in to online banking or the mobile app. Select pay bills from the navigation menu.
2. Add A Payee
From the "I want to..." dropdown menu, select "Pay with Picture". Take a picture of your bill (even if it’s handwritten!). Enter the amount and confirm the payment date and Pay From account information.
3. Pay Your Bill
Click "Submit Payment". Once you have paid, the payee is automatically added to your bill pay dashboard. From here, you can also set up recurring payments, notifications, etc.
Bill Pay FAQ
How does Bill Pay work?
Bill Pay allows you to manage and pay your bills in one place via online or mobile banking. You can pay almost any company or person with a U.S. mailing address. Payments are secure, and we make most of them electronically, because that’s how most companies are set up to receive them. For individuals or companies that don’t accept electronic payments, we send a paper check via U.S. Mail.
With eBills, you can get your statements (PDF) delivered right to the app or online.
How do I know if a payee accepts digital payments?
On your Bill Pay dashboard, there is a lightning bolt icon displayed next to each biller that accepts electronic payments, and a leaf icon next to each biller that offers eBills.
Lightning Bolt Icon
Is there a limit on the number of bills I can pay with online/mobile Bill Pay?
No. There is no limit on the number of bills.
How much does it cost to use Bill Pay?
- Transactional – Pioneer Mutual FCU will charge user transactional fees of $0.75 per payment processed – Expedited Electronic
- Transactional – Pioneer Mutual FCU will charge user transactional fees of $4.00 per payment processed – Expedited-Same Day
- Transactional – Pioneer Mutual FCU will charge user transactional fees noted on rate and fee schedule for overnight mailing per payment processed – Paper Next Day
To meet your due dates, we recommend:
- For check payments, schedule payments at least 5 days in advance (this does not mean you pay your bill ahead of its due date, only that you schedule it to arrive by the due date), in order to give us enough time to process and mail the check.
- For electronic payments, schedule payments at least 2 days in advance.
- For rush payments, refer to the "Earliest Send On" and "Earliest Deliver By" dates. The charge for overnight delivery noted on rate and fee schedule.
What are eBills?
eBills is a feature that allows you to receive electronic (PDF) versions of paper bills and pay them directly from your Bill Pay account. Once you set up an individual eBill for a company, an eBill is delivered directly from that payee to your Bill Pay account. Examples of businesses that offer eBills are cable service providers, phone service providers, utility providers and credit card companies. eBills are not the same as recurring payments, which you must schedule. On your Bill Pay dashboard, there will be a "Sign up for eBilling" button next to each payee that offers eBills. A leaf icon is displayed next to each payee that you have linked to eBills.
Can I set up notifications with Bill Pay?
Yes. The following notifications - sent via email or text - are available for eBills:
- Payment due reminder
- Payment due today
- Payment past due
- Payment scheduled
- Payment posted
- Balance more than specified amount
For billers that do not offer eBills, we can email you the following notifications: a summary of daily payments; when a payee is created; and when payments over a specified amount are scheduled
Bill Pay Key Terms
A biller that allows payments to be processed electronically. We will deliver the payment to the biller by the delivery date; however, biller may take 1 to 2 business days to post the payment to your account.
Paper Check Payee
A biller that will receive a physical check in the mail delivered by the United States Postal System (USPS), which can take 3 to 4 business days. Please allow 1 to 2 business days for the merchant to post the payment to your account.
Ongoing, periodic payment to a biller. You define payment amount, frequency, start and end cycle.
A2A (Transfer between my Accounts) payments allow you to securely move funds between your Pioneer Mutual FCU and accounts at another financial institution. Instant account verification eliminates the need for micro-deposit set-up, and you can schedule a transfer to/from that account within the same session.