Pioneer Scholarship 2021-2022
Merit Scholarship 2021-2022
Pioneer Mutual Federal Credit Union (PMFCU) is offering twenty (20) merit-based scholarship awards of $2,500 each. In case of excess applicants, merit evaluation and selection of Awardees will be done solely by a panel of members, a special committee formed by the Board. In such a case, the Board of Directors or the staff will NOT play any decision-making role during the process of awarding the scholarships. Only applications received on time will be considered and be decided based on various merit scales except the applicants’ names (to be grayed out). Awards will be declared on August 02, 2021. Note the following:
- Only selected applicants will be notified of Awards directly via email.
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed in one payment payable to school or the applicant.
- Applicant must request High School/College/University to send official transcript(s) (hardcopy or digital) directly to PMFCU.
- All documents, except official transcripts, to be sent in one envelope or in a single email.
- Applicant must be a member of PMFCU. If applicant is not a member of PMFCU, he or she must become a member by visiting Sugar Land, Austin, or North Houston office or by mail. In such case, the applicant may enter “Applied for” where asked for Pioneer Membership #. If membership application is sent in via mail, it must be done as per instructions in there and on or before June 30, 2021.
- All documents to be sent in must be received on or before June 30, 2021.
- Incomplete applications as of 5:00 PM on June 30, 2021 will NOT be considered.
- Must be a member of PMFCU and be in good standing.
- Essay on topic- “Provided an opportunity to travel back to your past, which event/mistake would you modify in your life and why?”
- Official Transcript(s).
- Students currently pursuing or will pursue bachelor’s degree must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours during fall 2021 at an accredited college/university.
- Students currently pursuing or will pursue master’s/doctorate’s must be enrolled for at least 09 credit hours during fall 2021 at an accredited university.
Documents Required (For Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctorate Students)
- Duly filled scholarship application form.
- Official Transcript (hardcopy or digital) directly sent by a high school with a minimum Cumulative GPA (CGPA) of 3.75 un-weighted (4.0 scale) or 5.00 weighted (6.0 scale)
- SAT score transcript (Minimum of 1200 SAT total score required)
- Essay comprising of less than or equal to 750 words in MLA formatting with a font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and default page margins. Bibliography/work cited will not be counted towards word count.
Documents Required at the Time of Disbursement
- Enrollment proof (class schedule or tuition bill). If it has been sent with application, then no need to send it again.
Submitting Required Documents by Email
- Submit all required documents as attachments in a pdf or a word file only. No other file extension such as JPEG, JPG, TIFF, and PNG, would be entertained. Neither the screenshots will be accepted.
- Save your essay, scholarship application, and SAT transcript with your first name and last name. For example, Mr. Ahad Momin would submit his documents as Ahad Momin Scholarship Application, Ahad Momin Essay, and Ahad Momin SAT Transcript.
- Submit your enrollment proof in a similar manner such as Ahad Momin Enrollment Proof.
- Applicants must NOT be a family member of Advisors, Board of Directors, Area Committee Members, and the employees of PMFCU as they are excluded from participation in the program.
Candidates will be notified through email for the documents received.
No queries will be entertained for the completeness/incompleteness or
accuracy of the documents received.
|Mail to:||Scholarship Program,|
ATTN: Rozina Momin
Pioneer Mutual Federal Credit Union.
1521 Lake Pointe Parkway,
Sugar Land, Texas 77478
|Email to:||[email protected]|
|Application:||Scholarship Application Form 2021-2022|
|Flyer:||Scholarship Flyer 2021-2022|